Wednesday, May 19, 2010

sweet!

So, a few blogs ago, i recall saying that Becky and I entered a short story contest. Last night, i checked out the website, thinking neither of us won because we weren't called or emailed. They had a link to the publisher's website, and said that the winner will be announced June 5th, and gave us the list of the top 12 stories that are in the finals. And both stories i entered are in the top three! and Becky's is number 8! but i freaked out! I was talking to my mom, saying "It says that the winner will be announced-- OH MY GOD I'M IN THE TOP THREE!" and started crying, no joke! haha. i was so excited! Because my goal is to have one story published, and if i complete that goal before i'm 15, i'd be so amazed! I've wanted to be an author since i was 8 or 9, and just thinking that i'm 14, and this good of a writer, it stuns me. Sure, i've won a writing contest before, but not to where i could've gotten it published. it makes me feel great, and that i probably have a future in writing!so please hope and pray that i win! (:
i'm actually about to go write some more, haha. so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment