Sunday, April 4, 2010

Once again today

So, it's still Easter(obviously); but i feel the need to post another blog today, because it's such a special day, for two reasons.

Reason one---Easter! It was pretty decent, no family feuds until after dinner ended. I got to see my lovely cousin,
Jocelyn, and her son, Joey, who i absolutely adore. He's three, so we got to participate in helping, and watching, an Easter egg hunt. I hid a few, then helped him find some. First Easter egg hunt i've done anything with in years! it made today so much more fun. Jocelyn had me watch him after a while, and play outside, which i didn't mind. i took some pictures of this little cutie :D (Picture: Joey after he found all his eggs :D )

Reason two--- April 4th will always be a sad day for me from now on. And it will continue on until April 5th, also. April 4th, 2009, there was a deadly car wreak in Charlotte, NC. Two cars were racing back from
Carowinds(theme park) to Clover(SC, right below the border--where i moved from) The car closest to Cindy Furr's neighborhood, happened to have one of my classmates from 7th grade, before i moved to NC, Hunter Holt. Cindy was pulling out when Hunter's car(he was not driving) didn't see them, and hit her car with her and her two and a half year old daughter in it. her car flipped, killing Cindy on impact and ended up killing Mackie later in the hospital. Hunter died a day later in the hospital. Cindy was my hero, she lived her life for the Lord, and i've always admired her. She was the choir director at Pleasant Hill Presbyterian Church, right down the road from the accident. She was actually going to church that Saturday evening. I grew up in that church, as i went there from when i was 8 till 12. I can't even really talk about her with out tear strolling down my cheek. i'm hoping that all three of them will keep watching over us.
I will always love you three. No, i wasn't exactly friends with Hunter, but i do know he was a good
kid. Everything happens for a reason, so God has a plan for them three to serve him in Heaven. (Picture:Cindy and I after a church service, that the junior choir sang in. That day, I had a solo singing "I'm Forgiven". I was probably in 6th grade, so i was 11?) Even though April 4th was on Easter this year, i determined to not let it ruin the day that Jesus rose from the dead. I tried as much as i could not to, and i guess you could say i half succeeded. Yes, i woke up depressed, and put on a fake smile at dinner with my family, and cried a couple times today, but i wouldn't say it ruined my day. Again, everything happens for a reason, so God has a plan for everyone. Predestination, i believe it's called. And I totally believe in it. I'll never forget her, my true hero.

Tomorrow's the last day of spring break, and i have to spend my later part of it at school, because my band director, Mr. Biasi(bee-ahh-see), decided to be stupid and plan a musical rehersal on a spring break day. So i'm staying up late tonight, sleeping in late tomorrow, doing my homework i should've done earlier, and maybe practice a little before i go. possibly. haha.

Well, I hope you enjoyed reading Through These Eyes. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment