Thursday, April 19, 2012

I need to write.

Of course, I forgot that I decided I would write every Friday. I'm not good at keeping those promises. But nobody reads this anyways, so it doesn't really matter. I suppose it's more for me to go back a few years and read what was going on at a certain time. Even though I don't do that... Oh wells.

Last Wednesday, I was in a car accident. It wasn't too bad, but it was pretty bad. So bad that I haven't been to school in a week, besides first two periods on Monday. My back is so messed up. My right arm was bruised and in a sling. Constant head aches. Basically, I was camped out on the couch for a week. (I'm going to a chiropractor to help my back get better faster and we're suing the guy who hit us. Wish us luck!) What did I do during that time? I couldn't write like I wanted to because of the fact that my arm is in a sling. Luckily, though, I had bought a few books online (I'm addicted to buying books off of Amazon). So, I read. I read, and I read, and I read. I read four books in a week. The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks (can't wait for the movie), The Watsons go to Birmingham, 1963 by Christopher Paul Curtis (all time favorite. Read it in fifth grade language arts. I've read it now five times since), Catalyst by Laurie Halse Anderson and Something Like Fate by Susane Colasanti. I finished TLO in three days (thanks to the medicine knocking me out constantly) and WGTB1963 in one day. Then Catalyst in one and a half and SLF in five and a half hours. I could not put either of those two down.

Laurie Halse Anderson has been one of my favorite authors since I read Speak my freshman year. I never saw another one of her books for another year at a used book store in Apex, Prom. Loved it. Found Wintergirls in March, obsessed with it. Then I saw Catalyst, also in the book store. The cover almost pushed me away, but I bought it anyways. Couldn't put it down. It should be made into a movie. As long as Kristen Stewart isn't the lead. I didn't like the movie of Speak. I love her and her books.

Susane Colasanti. Where do I begin with her? I've read three of her books. The first one was When it Happens. I couldn't put the book down. Finished it within, like, five hours. Same with the next, and the next. That's only happened with two other authors; Sarah Dessen and Suzane Collins. Colasanti is officially was officially added to my list of favorite authors.

So, of course, being on bed rest and having an iPhone, I tweeted a lot. I tweeted when I started a Colasanti book last night. Then tweeted when I finished, tagging her in both. Surprise to me, two hours later, SHE TWEETS ME BACK. "So happy you enjoyed :)" Of course I tweeted later, tagging all of my favorite authors (Dessen, Sarah Littman, and Halse Anderson). Then, Littman tweets me and we have a twenty minute conversation! It made my day. Psh, it made my year! It gave me so much inspiration right there, talking about how she fangirls over Judy Blume and was so awestruck she couldn't talk. While talking to Littman, I tweet "I really do think that if @sarahdessen or @halseanderson tweet me, I will have a heart attack." Five hours later she tweets, " @careyshook How close are you to an emergency room?" Note: I did not have a heart attack. Just was shaking like a chihuahua in happiness for probably twenty minutes. Now I just wait for Sarah Dessen to tweet me. Maybe she'll see that Halse Anderson, who she tweets often (I twitter-stalk them both) will see that she tweeted me and maybe she'll tweet me.

I want to be like them one day. NY Times best selling author. Living in a quaint apartment in the city, or a nice home with a family. I can live off of what I make from my books. I want teenagers to tweet me and send me fanmail because I'm their favorite author, their inspiration and role model. I want to make teens happy because they get lost in my books and everything. It's a dream, has been since I was eight. No, not a dream, a goal.

And it will happen one day. I promise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment